Attention Google Classroom Teachers! We’ve been hard at work over the last several months working on a Google Classroom integration and we’re excited to announce that it is ready!
Features of the Google Classroom integration at SRF include:
- Teachers and students can use Google Single Sign-On to log in to SRF with their Google account. (Teachers and students don’t need to remember/manage separate logins to SRF now!)
- Teachers can create or edit assignments in SRF and those assignments are automatically added to Google Classroom.
- Students can launch SRF assignments directly from their Google Classroom accounts.
- Teachers can quickly grade all student submissions in SRF and those grades are automatically sent to Google Classroom.
- Students can see their feedback and review their SRF assignments from Google Classroom.
- All users can launch SRF practice sessions from their Google Classroom account.
Below are 3 important points to understand before getting started with the GC integration. Below those three points are the instructions to use for getting started!
- If you have already signed students up for this school year, we can help you revoke the student code usages for those students so that you can use that student code to import your Google Classroom students.
- Keep in mind that these classes you will be importing will be new classes in SRF. You can duplicate assignments from your old classes into your newly imported GC classes. However, the class will be a clean slate with no practice log data and no assignments.
- If some of your students already have a SRF account and their SRF account is using an email address/username that is not the same as their Google Classroom email address and you import those students, they will essentially be using a brand new account. If you want them to be using the same account (so it has their practice data and assignment data history), you should make sure that your students that already have accounts in SRF are using their Google Classroom email address as their email address for their SRF account before you import the class. Check out this article for updating a student's email address/username.
Check out the links below for instructions you can use for integrating Google Classroom with your SRF account:
Check out the new GC integration and let us know what you think!
The Sight Reading Factory TeamShare this article